How To Fix The Seagate External Hard Drive not Recognized
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 5TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 5TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 5TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 5TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 5TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 5TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 5TB
There are reasons why you may face the not recognized error for your seagate external hard drive. However, you may find that the bundled software on your new operating system might be the reason.
There are some standard troubleshooting steps to fix your seagate hard drive recognition.
- Try connecting to a different port on your computer.
- Use an alternate cable.
- Try using the drive on a different computer to ensure that the problem is not with the drive.
- Verify whether the drive light is On.
- Try a different power outlet.
- Plug the adapter directly into the wall.
HOW TO FIX THE SEAGATE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT DETECTED IN WINDOWS
- Check the Device Manager and the Disk Management in the Management console.
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows Key + R.
- Once the run command opens, type compmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Click the device manager on the left side.
- In the middle row of the window, check the disk drives section.
- Locate your drive using the name. If you see your file detected, continue by clicking on it.
- In the Disk Drives section, right-click on external drives.
- Go to the Properties option and click the Volume tab. Click on Populate.
- Name the disks 1 and 2.
- If the drive allots the name RAW and Unallocated, it indicates that you have tried a different port and cable. You can consider data recovery.
- After the format, if you want to check if the format was conducted correctly, you will see the information for NTFS, Capacity, and Drive Letter.
- You can click on Add and proceed with assigning the letter. Click OK.