- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Personal Cloud User Manual
Install Plex on Seagate Personal Cloud Hard drive
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 2TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 2TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 2TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 2TB
- The streaming mode on a hard drive is a big deal nowadays. The amazing feature is now supported by Seagate Personal cloud. The Plex is a centralized home media system that streams the media to the Plex player applications. The Plex is available on all platforms, including Android and iOS mobile devices.
- It is of good use if you have movies, music, and photos.
Follow the steps how to install plex on seagate personal cloud hard drive:
- Once you have set up, you are My Cloud storage device to your computer, log in to the Western Digital my cloud account.
- Enter your WD login credentials to log into your account.
- Once the My cloud wizard opens, click on the Services option on the left side of the window.
- Once you click on the services option, you will see several plug-ins.
- Locate the Plex plug-in, and at the bottom of the option, click on the Enable button.
- The process will take a while to get enabled.
- To use Plex in your WD account, you need to have a Plex login address and password.
- The enable button will turn into Configure, which means the process is now allowed.
- The screen will now re-direct you to the Plex login.
- Using these steps that how to install plex on seagate personal cloud.
You will see three options to login:
- Continue with Google
- Continue with Facebook
- Continue with Email
- Click on the Continue with the Email option.
- Enter the email address and the password for the Plex account.
- Once done, the computer will take you to the Plex web page.
- Now, when you go back to the My cloud page, you will see a content folder named Plex.
- Click on the folder, and you will see several options in that how to install plex on Seagate personal cloud
Click on the folder, and you will see several options like
- Shared Home Video
- Shared Movies
- Shared Music
- Shared Photos
- Shared TV shows
For example, if you move a movie to the Shared movies folder, you can view the same movie on your Plex library. The options are the same for all the folders given above. The action is simple, and you have to drag and drop the movie from the existing folder to your cloud site.