- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Backup Plus not mounting
How To Fix Seagate Backup Plus Not Mounting/Working On Mac?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Below are the troubleshooting steps to resolve the how to fix Seagate Backup Plus not mounting on Mac.
- Check if the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive is connected to your Mac computer properly using a USB cable.
- If you suspect that the USB cable is damaged, change it with a new one.
- Sometimes, the USB port might also be damaged.
- Use a different USB port for connecting the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive.
- Your Mac computer might also be faulty and would not detect the hard drive. To ensure that, connect the hard drive to another Mac and check if the new Mac computer recognizes the hard drive.
- If so, the problem is with the Mac computer. If not, perform the following instructions.
- Open the Applications folder and go to the Utilities folder on the Mac computer.
- Click the Disk Utility option and check if the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive appears on the left panel.
- If not, the hard drive might be damaged.
- Click the Finder tab at the top, select the Preferences option, and navigate to the General tab.
- Select the External Disks checkbox under the ‘Show these items on the desktop’ section.
First Aid built-in tool:
- Click the View tab on the main screen of the Mac computer and choose the Show All Devices option.
- Navigate to the Disk Utility dialog box and choose the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive on the left panel.
- Click the First Aid button at the top and select the Run option.
- This will fix the hard drive mounting problem on the Mac computer.
- After clicking the Apple logo, select the System Preferences option followed by the Software Update option.
- The Mac will check for an update. If available, click the Update Now option to install the newer version of Mac.
- To clear any queries related to resolving the how to fix Seagate Backup Plus not mounting on Mac, contact our technical support member by clicking the Call button available here.