- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim
Backup Macbook Pro With Seagate Backup Plus Slim?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
It is always the best idea to back up the data on your computer. You can use the Seagate Backup Plus drive to backup your data. If you are using MacBook Pro, then you can make use of the Time Machine feature of Mac to take the backup. The steps How To Backup Macbook Pro With Seagate Backup Plus are given below.
Setting up the Seagate Backup Plus drive:
- Before using your Seagate Backup Plus drive to backup your MacBook Pro, you must make sure that the backup drive is compatible with your MacBook pro. Now, to set up your Seagate Backup Plus drive, follow the below guidelines.
- For your Seagate Backup Plus to work on the MacBook Pro, you must install the Paragon driver. The Paragon driver can be downloaded from the support page of Seagate.
- The next thing to look into before using your Seagate backup Plus for backup is the format of the backup drive. Because, to use with the Time Machine feature of Mac, the Seagate Backup Plus must be formatted for Mac. Simply connect your Seagate Backup Plus drive to your MacBook Pro and open the Disk Utility. Now, you have to select your backup drive, click the Erase icon and then select the format.
- Now, your Seagate Backup Plus drive will be formatted and is ready to back up your MacBook Pro.
Backup MacBook Pro with Seagate Backup Plus:
Follow the steps given below how to backup macbook pro with seagate backup plus drive using the Time Machine feature on your Mac.
- First, when you connect your Seagate Backup Plus to your MacBook Pro, a pop-up window will be displayed.
- In the pop-up window, select the Encrypt Backup Disk checkbox and then click the Use as Backup Disk button.
- If the pop-up did not open, then click on the Apple icon on your MacBook Pro.
- Then, select the System Preferences option.
- Now, in the System Preferences window, select the Time Machine icon and open it.
- In the Time Machine window, click the Select Backup Disk button.
- You have to select your Seagate Backup Plus drive from the list.
- Also, select the Encrypt backups checkbox and click the Use Disk button.
- Since you have already formatted the Seagate Backup Plus drive as said above, the Time Machine will begin the backup.
- If you have not formatted your backup drive for Time Machine, then a prompt would ask you to erase the disk.
- Click the Erase option in the prompt to format the backup drive.
- The initial backup may consume some time depending on the data on your MacBook Pro.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to backup macbook pro with seagate backup plus or How To Backup Macbook Pro With Seagate Backup Plus Slim.