- Seagate Support »
- How to Backup Files to Wd My Cloud?
Backing up Files to Wd My Cloud
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 2TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 2TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 2TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 2TB
You can backup files to wd my cloud using the WD SmartWare Pro. This applies to a Windows computer only. WD SmartWare is an easy-to-use tool that allows you to perform the following functions:
- Automatically protecting all your files or data.
- Seeing all of your backups as they happen.
- Effortlessly retrieving your lost files.
- Customizing your backups.
From the WD online Learning Center, you can easily download and install the WD SmartWare software. You have to select any one of the following options for installing:
- The standard WD SmartWare
- The WD SmartWare Pro
The WD SmartWare Pro lets you back up to non-WD drives, and the cloud through the Dropbox.
How to launch your WD SmartWare after installation?
Choose any one of the given options:
For Windows 8:
- Go to the Start menu.
- From the Start menu, select WD SmartWare.
For Windows 7 and XP:
- Navigate to the Start menu.
- Choose the Programs option.
- Select WD SmartWare.
- Again, choose WD SmartWare.
The WD Quick View Icon
- When you download WD SmartWare, the WD Quick View icon is installed automatically.
- You can either left-click or right-click the WD Quick View icon in the Windows system tray.
- You will find the menu displays on the screen.
- Now, choose WD SmartWare.
WD SmartWare offers two types of Help:
- The Help icon
- The Help tab
In case you don’t want to use WD SmartWare for backing up your files, you have the following two options:
- Windows 7 Backup and Restore
- Windows 8 File History
How do you use Windows 7 Backup and Restore?
Windows 7 has two backup features- Professional and Ultimate versions. These features allow you to back up your emails, documents, and personal files to your My Cloud device. If your computer crashes, or you lose files, you can restore those files to your computer using the backup features of Windows 7.
- Click the Windows icon.
- Go to the Control Panel. Select System and Security.
- Click the Backup and Restore option.
- Now, choose Set up Backup. Continue with the instructions given in the wizard that opens.
- If you find a prompt to choose the location to save your backup, select the Save on a network option.
- Click the Browse button. Then, select your My Cloud device as the backup destination.
- Now, choose a share where you wish to create the backup.
- Click the OK button.
- Type in the username and password for your My Cloud device.
- Ensure that you have selected the correct backup destination. Click the Next button.
- You will now find a prompt for the data you wish to back up.
- Select the Let Windows choose option. Or,
- Choose the desired content. Now, click the Next button.
- On the Review your backup settings page, select the Save settings and run backup option.
How to use Windows 8 File History?
- On the task bar of your Windows computer, click the File Explorer icon.
- Select Computer.
- In the ribbon found at the top of your page, choose Computer.
- Select the Open Control Panel option.
- Click the System and Security option. Now, choose File History.
- On your File History page, make sure that File History is in the On condition.
- In the left panel of your screen, choose the Select Drive option.
- File History will now detect the My Cloud device and places it in the Select a File History drive list.
- Choose the Add Network Location option. Your My Cloud device’s name will be displayed in the Select Folder pop-up.
- Next, double-click the My Cloud device name.
- Choose a share.
- Click the Select Folder option. Now, click the OK button.
- Choose the Turn On option.
- You can contact our technical experts if you have no idea about how to backup files to wd my cloud.