- Seagate Support »
- Solve Seagate External Hard Drive not Detected
How to Fix Seagate External Hard Drive Not Detected?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 2TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 2TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 2TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 2TB
To Fix Seagate External Hard Drive Not Detected issue on your Windows computer, follow these steps:
- When you connect the Seagate external hard drive to your computer, it will not be shown in This PC. But you may see it in Hidden Contents to Eject and in Disk Management.
- Now, to resolve this issue, you have to download a software called “Paragon Driver for Windows.” You can achieve this by navigating to the official site and searching for the Paragon Driver.
- Under Paragon Driver for Windows, scroll down and click the I ACCEPT button.
- On the next screen, click the DOWNLOAD button.
- In the Download File Info dialog box, click the Start Download button.
To install the downloaded Paragon Driver for Windows, execute the following instructions
- Click the downloaded file.
- In the Choose Setup Language dialog box, select English as the desired language.
- Click the OK button.
- The Install-shield Wizard will display on the screen.
- If the Windows Installer appears, click the Cancel button.
- Accept the License Agreement and then click NEXT.
- Continue clicking NEXT until you see the Paragon HFS – InstallShield Wizard dialog box.
- In the same dialog box, click the Install button. Next, click the Yes button.
- Restart your Windows computer.
- Now, connect your Seagate external hard disk to the computer.
Refresh, and you will find the Seagate external hard disk listed under This PC. Your Windows computer has now detected your external hard disk. You have solved the Fix Seagate External Hard Drive Not Detected problem.