- Seagate Support »
- Expansion 4tb Desktop Disk Error Checking
Expansion 2tb Desktop Disk Error Checking
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Expansion 2tb Desktop Disk Error Checking makes your storage easy and convenient. This drive comes with the drag and drop feature that helps you to easily back up your important files, videos, and photos to the drive. Its USB v3.0 connectivity helps in transferring data at a blazing speed. There are many ways to secure the drive. But still, some issues are encountered by users while using the drive. There are some ways to detect and fix your drive issue. The below section explains how to check disk error on Seagate Expansion 2TB desktop drive. If your OS type is Windows, then you can use the Windows Disk Error Checking (CheckDisk) feature to check disk error on your Seagate Expansion drive. The CheckDisk feature helps to gather your drive’s current memory status and check whether any error is prevalent on the drive. You can run this feature from the Disk Management window or using the CMD application. The below section covers both methods in detail.
Using Disk Management
- Initially, make sure that your Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive is connected to your Windows computer.
- Now, open the Library window and select and right-click on the My Computer option.
- Select Manage > Disk Management.
- In the Disk Management window, select the Seagate drive partition and right-click on it.
- Click on the Properties option.
- Go to the Tools Tab in the Seagate drive’s Properties dialog box.
- Click on the Check now button under the Error-checking section.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions to complete the disk error checking process.
Using the CMD application
- On your Windows computer, open the CMD Application.
- Now, type the chkdsk x: /f command and tap Enter. (Note: In this command, replace x with your drive letter.)
You can also SeaTools for Windows to perform the disk error checking process on your Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive. Click the Call button provided on this page to know more about the Expansion 2TB Desktop Disk Error Checking.