- Seagate Support »
- Expansion 8TB Portable Hard Drive
Expansion 12TB Portable Hard Drive
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Expansion 12TB Portable Hard Drive enables you to store a massive number of files and helps to add space instantly or free up space on your computer’s internal drive. The device is designed mainly to store and transfer files at a considerable speed and enhance your PC’s performance.
- Ready for immediate use.
- USB 3.0 included.
- Compact and stylish.
- Energy-efficient operation.
Windows 10 or higher, or Mac OS X 10.12 or higher
How to set up Expansion 12TB portable hard drive
Unpack the Seagate Expansion 12TB portable hard drive from the package and remove all the contents from the box.
- Turn on your PC.
- Connect a USB cable to one end of your Expansion portable hard drive and another end to your computer.
- Make sure the LED light on your device turns on.
- Your desktop will pop up with the Seagate icon, which indicates your device is now ready to use.
How to back up files using Seagate Expansion 12TB portable hard drive
Some of the devices may not be detected on your PC due to compatibility issues. So try formatting your external device to access it on your computer.
- Format your Expansion Portable External Hard Drive on Windows.
- Click on the Start menu and right-click on My Computer.
- Select Manage and choose Disk management.
- Select your Seagate Expansion 12TB external hard drive and right-click the unallocated portion or black box on your drive.
- Select New simple volume and click Next.
- Assign a drive letter or path and choose the file system as ExFAT if you need to allow both Mac and Windows OS to access your external drive.
- Select the option Perform a quick format and click Next on the Format partition window.
- Select Finish after the completion of partition, and now your device is ready to be accessed on your computer.
Format your Expansion 12TB portable hard drive on Mac.
- Open Disk utility on your Mac and go to Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder and open Utilities.
- Choose Disk Utility in the Utility window and click View from the top of the page.
- Choose the Show all devices option.
- Select your portable hard drive and select Erase from the top of the page.
- Provide the required details. Select Format as ExFAT from the list and scheme as GUID Partition Map. Then click the Erase button.
- Wait for few seconds until the formatting process gets completed and click Done.
- Now your Expansion 12TB Portable Hard Drive is ready to use.