- Seagate Support »
- EXPANSION 3TB DESKTOP DISK ERROR CHECKING
EXPANSION 12TB DESKTOP DISK ERROR CHECKING
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Expansion 12TB Desktop Disk Error Checking Drive is a Seagate External Hard Drive that delivers good performance and reliability. If you are using Expansion 12TB on your Windows desktop and wish to run Disk Error Checking, go through the steps given on this page. Running the Disk Error Checking utility is necessary to improve the performance of your computer. It is recommended to check your hard disk for corrupted files and protect your computer from malware threats.
Method 1: Using the Command-Line Interface
You can run the chkdsk utility using the Command Prompt app on your Windows computer to run Disk Error Checking.
- To begin with, connect your Expansion 12TB hard disk to your computer via a USB cable.
- Click the Start menu, type ‘cmd’ in the search field, and hit the Enter key.
- From the search results, right-click the Command Prompt app and select the Run as administrator option.
- Click Yes if the device prompts for User Account Control.
- Wait until the Command Prompt app is launched.
- Type the chkdsk D: /f command in the Command Prompt window and hit the Enter key (replace the letter D in the command with your drive letter).
- Wait for the utility to scan and repair your disk.
Method 2: Using Disk Management
This method shows how to test the Seagate Expansion 12TB disk drive on your desktop using Disk Error Checking without Command Prompt.
- Start by right-clicking the My Computer or This PC shortcut icon on your desktop.
- Select the Manage option from the pop-up menu and then click Disk Management from the left-side panel.
- Give a right-click on your drive partition in the Disk Management window.
- Select the Properties option and click the Tools Tab.
- In the Error-checking section, click the Check Button and check your disk drive.
In case you are stuck while testing your Expansion 12TB Desktop Disk Error Checking drive on your desktop using Disk Error Checking, contact us for assistance.