- Seagate Support »
- EJECT EXPANSION 5TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
EJECT EXPANSION 8TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
After storing the contents in your Eject Expansion 8TB External Hard Drive, you might have decided to remove it from your Windows computer. Some users hastily remove their external hard drives. Unfortunately, it damages your hard drive, and in some cases, you might also lose your data. To ensure security and prevent data loss, you need to remove or eject your hard drive safely by following the solutions mentioned in this article.
Ejecting Expansion 8TB hard drive:
It is essential to remove the hard drive with the help of your system’s software instead of simply disconnecting it from your computer. Here’s how to do it.
- On your Windows computer, search for the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon in the taskbar. You can easily find the icon in the notification area.
- If you don’t find the icon, click Show hidden icons (arrow symbol) in the notification area located in your Windows taskbar.
- Click on the device that you want to remove. Later, you’ll be asked to confirm the action. Click Yes<.
- After some time, a pop-up window appears on the screen. When you see this pop-up window with the message, remove your device.
If you’re not finding the Show hidden icons arrow symbol, you can right-click the taskbar and then select Taskbar Settings.
- Scroll down to click the Select which icons appear on the taskbar link under the Notification area section.
- Enable your device.
- Now, you can eject your device safely.
If the above steps do not work, skip to the next one.
- On your computer, click the Start menu and then select Settings.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Select your Expansion 8TB hard drive and then click Remove device.
- You can also eject your device using the Disk Management window. Here’s how to do it.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu in the taskbar.
- Scroll down and then expand Windows System.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click System and Security.
- On the next screen, you can click Administrative tools.
- Now, select Computer Management.
- Under the Storage section, select Disk Management.
- In the Disk Management window, you can right-click your Seagate External Hard Drive.
- A pop-up menu appears. Now, select Eject.
- You can now remove your External Hard Drive from your computer safely.
By following the solutions mentioned above, you can easily Eject Expansion 8TB External Hard Drive.