- Seagate Support »
- EJECT EXPANSION 4TB DESKTOP HARD DRIVE
EJECT EXPANSION 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Eject Expansion 2TB External Hard Drive from your computer is quite simple and easy. It is very much important to safely remove your external hard drive from your computer to avoid corrupting the data stored on it. For detailed instructions about ejecting your hard drive from the Windows and Mac computers, go through the steps given below.
- On your Windows computer, double-click the This PC or My Computer shortcut icon on the desktop to open the File Explorer.
- Alternatively, press the Windows + E shortcut keys to open the File Explorer.
- Select This PC or My Computer from the left-side panel.
- Locate your Expansion 2TB hard drive from the displayed list.
- Give a right-click on the drive and select the Eject option.
- Wait until your drive is ejected safely from your computer.
- If you cannot eject your hard drive, press the Windows + R shortcut keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Input ‘diskmgmt.msc’ in the Run dialog box and hit the Enter key to open the Disk Management window.
- Locate and right-click your external hard drive in the Disk Management window.
- Select the Eject option to eject your Expansion 2TB external hard drive from your Windows computer.
There are several ways to eject your Hard Drive from the Mac computer. Carry out one of the following methods to securely eject your external hard drive fromre your Mac.
Method 1: Using the desktop icon
- On your Mac, locate the Expansion External Hard Drive icon on the desktop.
- Right-click the drive volume and select the Eject option.
- Wait until you receive a confirmation message for ejecting the hard drive from your Mac.
Method 2: Using Finder
- First, open Finder by clicking its icon in the Dock.
- Alternatively, open the Finder Search window by pressing the Option + Command + Space shortcut keys. Then, press the Command + N shortcut keys to open the new Finder window.
- To Eject Expansion 2TB External Hard Drive, select it and click the File menu at the top. Then, select the Eject option from the drop-down list.