- Seagate Support »
- EJECT EXPANSION 12TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
EJECT EXPANSION 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Before you remove an Expansion external hard drive from your computer, make sure to eject it from the computer. This task is necessary because your computer should perform the filing operations before the hard drive is removed physically. If you remove the hard drive from your computer without ejecting it, it might be corrupted or might start to malfunction. So, always keep in mind to eject the storage device before disconnecting it from the computer. Continue to read to know how to Eject Expansion 1TB External Hard Drive from your computer.
Eject the Seagate Expansion external hard drive from your Windows computer
- On your Windows computer, locate the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon in the Windows System Tray and click on it.
- If you don’t locate the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon, click on the Show hidden icons arrow in the Windows System Tray. It will show you the Safely Remove Hardware… icon. Now, click on it.
- It will show you the list of storage drives connected to your computer; choose your Seagate Expansion hard drive and click on it. Then, click on the Eject option.
- Now, you have successfully ejected your hard drive from the computer. You will also be informed with the message that says Safe to remove hardware on your computer.
If the above steps do not work, skip to the next one.
- On your computer, click the Start menu and then select Settings.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Select your Expansion 8TB hard drive and then click Remove device.
- You can also eject your device using the Disk Management window. Here’s how to do it.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu in the taskbar.
- Scroll down and then expand Windows System.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click System and Security.
- On the next screen, you can click Administrative tools.
- Now, select Computer Management.
- Under the Storage section, select Disk Management.
- In the Disk Management window, you can right-click your Seagate External Hard Drive.
- A pop-up menu appears. Now, select Eject.
- You can now remove your external hard drive from your computer safely.
By following the solutions mentioned above, you can easily Eject Expansion 1TB Hard Drive.