- Seagate Support »
- EJECT EXPANSION 12TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
EJECT EXPANSION 12TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
You might have decided to remove your Eject Expansion 12TB External Hard Drive after storing your digital contents in it or after backing up your files to your computer. You cannot remove your external hard drive hastily. If you do, it will damage your hard drive, and you might also lose your data. To ensure security, you need to eject your hard drive safely.
Follow the steps given below to eject the Expansion 12TB hard drive:
You can remove your Expansion 12TB hard drive with the help of the operating system’s software instead of simply disconnecting it from your Windows computer. Here’s how to do it.
- On your Windows computer, search for the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon in the taskbar. You can easily locate this icon in the notification area.
- In case you don’t find the icon, click Show hidden icons (arrow symbol) in the notification area located in your Windows taskbar to remove your device.
- If you’re not finding the Show hidden icons arrow symbol, you can right-click the taskbar and then select Taskbar Settings.
- Under the Notification area section, click the Select which icons appear on the taskbar link. Next, enable your device.
- Now, you can eject your device safely.
In case the above instructions do not work, you can just skip to the next one. You can eject your Expansion 12TB hard drive from your computer using Disk Management. The steps to do the same are given below.
Ejecting the Expansion 12TB hard drive using Disk Management:
- On your computer, click the Start menu and then select Settings.
- Click Devices. Choose your Expansion 12TB hard drive and then click on Remove device.
- As mentioned earlier, you can also eject your device using the Disk Management window. Here’s how to do it.
- On your Windows computer, you have to click the Start menu. Next, scroll down and then expand Windows System.
- Choose Control Panel. Click on System and Security.
- You need to click Administrative tools on the next screen.
- Next, select Computer Management. Under the Storage section, select Disk Management. In the Disk Management window, you can right-click your external hard drive. Now, you will find that a pop-up menu appears. From this menu, select Eject.
- You can now eject your Seagate External Hard Drive from your computer safely.
You’ve now learned how to Eject Expansion 12TB External Hard Drive from your computer. Try to implement the solutions as described above.