- Seagate Support »
- SEAGATE EXPANSION SSD 8TB SETUP
Eject Backup Plus 12TB External Drive
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Backup Plus 12TB is a portable external hard drive that is designed stylishly and compactly to fit the palm. You can store and transfer data at a tremendous speed, and the charger port is provided. You can also back up the files in the external device, and it assures that your files and data in the drive are safe and secure. Disconnecting the device from the PC is one of the essential things to do. Let us see how to eject Backup Plus 12TB desktop external drive.
Steps to eject Backup plus 12TB external drive
- Make sure the Backup Plus 12TB external drive is connected to the PC.
- Now, access the Windows system tray to check the devices available for ejecting.
- Select the Safely remove icon on the system tray to eject the device. If not, select the Show hidden icons arrow and make sure the device is available in the hidden list.
- Right-click the drive symbol and select Eject to remove the device safely.
- Now, disconnect the device from the PC.
What if you cannot eject the device?
Eject using Task Manager
- Press Ctrl plus Shift plus Esc buttons simultaneously to open the Windows Task Manager.
- Select the application that stops the device from getting ejected in the processing tab.
- Select and right-click on the application and click End task.
- Now, try ejecting the device and disconnect the Seagate Backup plus 12TB external hard drive.
Eject using Disk Management
- Go to the Start menu and right-click on the computer icon.
- Click Manage and choose Disk management from the left side of the page.
- Now, select the Seagate Backup plus 12TB external hard drive and right-click on the drive.
- Select Eject and disconnect the device.
For further clarifications, click the CALL button provided on this page. You can get remote assistance by pressing this button.