- Seagate Support »
- Connect Seagate Wireless Plus 8TB External Hard Drive
Connect Seagate Wireless Plus 5TB External Hard Drive
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate Wireless Plus 5TB External Hard Drive is a robust device that contains many useful features. Using this drive, you can have a view of all the media and files with upto three mobile devices at the same time. Everyone can watch the shows and movies they love without the use of the Internet. Since the device is wireless, it’s almost like having a laptop and a flash drive in one single device.
Before you learn to connect the Seagate Wireless Plus 5TB external hard drive, you must know that the hard drive is equipped with the free Seagate Media app to simplify the task of enjoying your media library on both IOS and Android devices.
With the help of the Seagate Media app, you can back up and protect the photos and videos on your phone or tablet. It also works on your favorite devices and is compatible with AirPlay, Roku, Smart TV, and many more to enjoy with your family and friends.
Some of the other fabulous features of the Seagate Wireless Plus 5TB external hard drive are given below.
- Wi-Fi Hub: The device can act as a hub and share the Wi-Fi connection with 7 other devices.
- Impressive Storage Space: Since the volume is 5TB, countless data can be saved in the device, saving up on phone or computer storage capacity.
- 3.0 USB Connectivity: It comes with a super-fast 3.0 USB interface that allows you to stream with 4K videos to different devices, all at the same time.
TURN ON THE SEAGATE 5TB HARD DRIVE TO CONNECT
- Turn on the Seagate hard drive. To do that, press the Power button (located on the side).
- The Wi-Fi LED on the hard drive will start blinking.
- Wait for a while. Now, the Wi-Fi LED will turn solid blue.
If you are planning to connect the hard drive to a smartphone (IOS or Android), you must first download and install the Seagate Media app. Steps for an IOS and Android device are provided here.
- Open the App Store.
- Tap the search bar, type in Seagate Media, and press Search.
- When the Seagate Media page opens, tap the GET button.
- Open the Wireless settings on your IOS device.
- Select the Wi-Fi option.
- Now, select the Seagate Wireless network from the list of networks.
- The IOS device
- Download the Seagate Media app from the Google Play Store.
- Search for the app and then tap the Install button.
- Wait for the app Downloadto complete.
- Now, open the Wireless settings on your Android phone.
- Select Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi .
- Choose the Seagate Wireless network from the network list.
- The Seagate Wireless Plus 5TB external Hard Drive is now connected to the Android phone.
You can also protect your hard drive with password protection using the following steps:
- Open the Seagate Media app on your smartphone.
- Tap the Settings Icon.
- Select Network.
- Now, tap Turn on password (This will enable the password-protection feature).
- Choose a simple 8 alphanumeric character password.
- Tap OK.
Follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned in this article to connect the Seagate Wireless Plus 5TB External Hard Drive to the Android or IOS device you are using.