- Seagate Support »
- CONNECT SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS HUB 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TO PC
CONNECT SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS HUB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TO PC
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
What’s inside the box?
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub
- USB 3.0 cable
- Power cord and a user manual
To begin, make sure that you meet the hardware requirements. Connect one end (Micro-B) of the power cable to the USB port of your Seagate Backup Plus Hub and the other end (Type A) to the free USB port of your computer.
- Now, after connecting the external hard drive to your computer, connect your device to an electrical outlet. Refer to the steps given below.
- Connect one end of the supplied power cable to your Seagate Backup Plus Hub and the other end to the wall socket. The LED light turns on immediately when the power supply is received on your external hard drive.
- Note The LED powers on in white.
- Now, after connecting your drive to your computer, you need to register it for any latest updates.
Registering the Seagate Backup Plus Hub drive:
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu.
- Navigate to This PC and double-click Start_Here_Win. It launches the installer.
- Complete the further on-screen instructions.
- As your external hard drive has an additional free port, you can connect more devices to it. If you are a Windows user, don’t worry about formatting the drive. The Seagate External Hard Drive comes in the NTFS file format and it is the native file system for Windows. You can create multiple partitions using the Disk Management window.
Now, you are all set to back up your files using the Connect Seagate Backup Plus Hub External Hard Drive to PC. Try to implement the steps as described above.