- Seagate Support »
- CONNECT SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS HUB 12TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
CONNECT SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS HUB 12TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Backup Plus Hub 12TB is an external hard drive with a USB hub. You can connect other external hard drives to the Seagate Backup Plus Hub via a USB cable instead of directly connecting it to your computer. This drive is formatted as NTFS for Windows and Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for Macintosh. To know how to connect Seagate Backup Plus Hub 12TB External Hard Drive to your computer and set it up as a storage device, go through the steps given below.
- Start by connecting your Seagate Hard Drive to your Windows computer using the USB cable.
- Open Windows Explorer and open the Backup Plus Hub volume.
- Double-click the Start_Here_Win file to start the installer.
- Register your Seagate hard drive with your details.
- If prompted, download the Seagate SeaTools Software.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and install the software.
- If you cannot Install SeaTools, download it from the official Seagate site and run the installation.
- You can format the Seagate hard drive on your Windows computer if you wish to use it on your Mac as well.
- First, connect Seagate Backup Plus Hub 12TB External Hard Drive to your Mac using the provided USB cable.
- Open the Seagate Backup Plus Hub volume from the desktop.
- When there is no Seagate hard drive volume on the desktop, open Disk Utility and check if your Mac recognizes the drive.
- If necessary, format the drive and create a partition.
- Next, open the Seagate drive volume and double-click the Start_Here_Mac file to run the installer.
- Register the hard drive with your details.
- If prompted, download the SeaTools software.
- Once the download is complete, launch SeaTools and complete the Installation.
In case you are stuck Connect Seagate Backup Plus Hub 12TB External Hard Drive to your Mac, click the Call Button on this page and contact us for assistance in resolving it.