- Seagate Support »
- How To Setup Barracuda Solid-state Drives?
Setup Barracuda Solid-state Drives
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate BarraCuda SSD is a fast and dependable storage solution. It offers a SATA interface. This page contains simple steps for the Barracuda Solid-State drives setup.
Before getting into the setup procedure, let us have a look at the features of the Barracuda Solid-State drive.
Features of Barracuda SSD:
- Error Correction Code (ECC)
- Wear Leveling
- Bad Block Management
Advanced Device Security
- Secure Erase
- SSD Lifetime Management
- Media Wear Indicator
- Read-Only Mode
Adaptive Approach to Performance Tuning
- Predict and Fetch
- SLC Caching
- Now, make use of the steps given in the following section to set up your Barracuda SSD.
Connect your drive to a computer
- Turn off your PC and then unplug the power cable from the power source.
- Access the internal components by removing the panels of your PC.
- Use screws to mount your drive in the slot correctly.
- Close the panels.
- Plug the PC’s power cord into the power source and turn on the PC.
- Once done with the hardware setup, continue with the following steps to perform the Barracuda Solid-State drives setup.
Managing your Seagate SSD
To manage your drive on a system, you can use Seagate’s SeaTools SSD GUI or Seagate’s SSD CLI.
SeaTools SSD GUI:SSD GUI is a graphical user interface for managing the Seagate Barracuda SSD on your system. The features of this tool are as follows:
Features of SSD GUI:
- Displays drive information
- Monitors the drive’s health
- Shows self-monitoring analysis
- Maintains an event log
Supported Operating Systems:
Installation of SSD GUI:
- Run the SeaTools_SSD.exe file on your Windows computer.
- On the Setup – SeaTools screen, click the Next button.
- Review the Seagate license agreement.
- To agree with terms and conditions, select the I accept the agreement radio button and click the Next button.
- When prompted, specify the installation location and click Next.
- Click the Next button once you see the Setup is now ready to begin installing SeaTools on your computer message on the screen.
- Now, you will see the installation progress.
- Select the Launch Application checkbox and click the Finish button.
- Once done with the Barracuda Solid-State drive setup, you can manage it using SSD GUI on your system.
SeaTools SSD CLI
SeaTools SSD CLI (a command-line interface tool) is another tool to manage your drive on a system.
Features Of SSD CLI:
- Displays SSD information
- Displays self-monitoring analysis
- Performs firmware updates
- Runs diagnostic commands
- Runs erase and sanitize commands
- Monitors the SSD’s health
Supported Operating System:
Installation Of SSD CLI:
- Use the SeaTools_SSD-CLI.exe -I console command to run the CLI installation file on your Windows computer.
- Once you see the installation wizard, click the Next button.
- Read and review the End User License Agreement.
- Select the I accept the terms of the License Agreement radio button and click Next.
- Choose the directory to install the application. Or else, use the default directory for the installation. Click the Next button to continue.
- Select the Quick Installation radio button and click the Next button.
- Once done with the Barracuda Solid-State drives setup, click the Done button.