- Seagate Support »
- Barracuda Solid-State Drives Setup
Barracuda Pro Hard Drive Not Recognized
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
This article deals with troubleshooting the Seagate BarraCuda Pro hard drive not recognized issue. Various reasons might cause this problem. Make use of the troubleshooting solutions given here to resolve this problem.
1. Check if the drive is enabled/disabled in the BIOS:
- Sometimes, the BIOS might be in a disabled state for some reason. Go to the System Setup (System BIOS or CMOS Setup) and check if it is enabled or not. If it is disabled, then enable it.
- Now, check if the above-mentioned problem is resolved with your device.
2. See if there is any faulty or unplugged data cable:
- Check if there are any bent or misaligned pins in the motherboard and hard disk connections. Make sure that the data cable is not damaged.
- The BIOS will fail to detect the data cable if it is damaged or the established connection is improper.
- After replacing the cable, check if the BIOS is able to detect the Seagate BarraCuda Pro hard drive.
Barracuda pro hard drive not recognized on Windows 10
If the Seagate BarraCuda Pro hard drive is not recognized on your Windows 10 computer, then try these troubleshooting solutions.
1. Check if the drive is not spinning up:
- If the BarraCuda Pro hard drive is not receiving the power correctly, it will fail to spin up. If it does not spin, then the BIOS will fail to detect the hard drive.
- To check if the hard drive is receiving proper power, follow the below steps.
- Switch off the Windows 10 device.
- Next, disconnect the data cable from the hard drive. The power-saving commands will not be sent.
- Switch on the PC. Check if the hard drive is spinning. Touch the side of the drive. See if you can feel a slight vibration. If nothing is felt, then the hard drive did not start. You need to replace the hard drive.
2. Make sure there are no incorrect jumper settings on the drive:
- Every device connected to the UDMA cable should use the Cable Select setting while using Cable Select jumper settings on your ATA drive.
- When the cable select jumper settings are utilized, the cable will decide slave/master device detection.
Barracuda pro hard drive not recognized on Mac:
If the BarraCuda Pro hard drive is not recognized on your Mac computer, try these solutions.
Make sure there isn’t any fault in your Seagate BarraCuda Pro hard drive. If found, then replace it.