- Seagate Support »
- BACKUP PLUS 6TB DESKTOP DISK ERROR CHECKING
BACKUP PLUS 8TB DESKTOP DISK ERROR CHECKING
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
When there is an issue with your Seagate External Hard Drive, you can diagnose the exact problem using the disk error checking feature of the Windows computer. You can access the utility through Disk Management and Command Prompt. If you want to know how to Perform Backup Plus 8TB Desktop Disk Error Checking utility on a Windows computer, go ahead and read the following article.
Use the utility through disk management
- If you are using a Windows 8 computer, press the Windows and X keys simultaneously; then choose Manage.
- For the Windows 7/vista/XP computers, right-click on My Computer and choose Manage.
- In the left pane, click on the Disk Management Option.
- When the Disk Management window appears, Right-Click on the partition box and choose the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- On the Properties screen, go to the Tools tab and click on the Check Now Button.
- Now, it will check the Chosen Drive for errors.
Use the utility through command prompt
- The procedure for opening the Command Prompt window differs according to the Operating System of a Windows computer.
- For a Windows 8 computer, press the Windows and X keys simultaneously and choose Command Prompt (Admin). For Windows 7 and Windows Vista computers, click on the Start menu, type “cmd” in the search box, and press Enter.
- On your Windows XP computer, hit on the Start menu and choose Run. In the Run dialog box, type “cmd” and press Enter.
- When the command prompt window or run command dialog box opens, type chkdsk x: /f (you need to replace X with the drive letter of your Seagate hard drive) and press Enter.
- Now, it will test your hard drive and show you the relevant results.
In this manner, you can use the Backup Plus 8TB Desktop Disk Error Checking utility on a Windows computer. If you have doubts, you can reach out to us.