- Backup Plus 12TB Desktop Disk Error Checking
Backup Plus 6TB Desktop Disk Error Checking
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 2TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 2TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 2TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 2TB
While using an Seagate External Hard Drive on a computer, there are many issues/errors encountered by the users. You can check and resolve your hard drive error using any of the methods suggested by the manufacturer. On this page, you are going to see how to perform Backup Plus 6TB Desktop Disk Error Checking.
The available Backup Plus 6TB Desktop disk error checking tools are listed below:
- Dashboard Diagnostics
- SeaTools Diagnostics (Windows only)
- Windows OS Diagnostics tools
- Mac OS Diagnostics tool
Use one of the above tools to check the disk error on your Seagate Backup Plus Drive. The detailed methods to use the tools are given below.
- The hard drive’s dashboard also helps you diagnose some common drive errors.
- Initially, make sure that your Seagate Backup Plus 6TB Desktop Drive is connected directly to the Windows or Mac computer.
- For Windows: Open the Seagate Desktop folder by double-clicking on its icon.
- For Mac: Open the Applications folder and Double-Click on the Seagate Desktop icon.
- Once the hard drive window is opened, select your drive correctly, if it is selected wrongly.
- Now, go to the tab named Manage on the Seagate Dashboard and click the Test Button to begin the diagnostic process.
- Wait for the dashboard to check and fix the drive errors.
- In case the dashboard diagnostics fails to fix the error, then use SeaTools to Resolve It.
A – Preparing your Windows computer
- Connect the Seagate Backup Plus 6TB Desktop External Hard Drive your Windows computer, if it is not connected.
- Now, close all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Make sure that your Windows computer is fully powered on.
- If you have enabled the Power Management controls on your computer, then turn them off.
- To do so, open the Control Panel window and select Power Options.
- Click Change Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Hard Disks.
- Locate the Turn off hard disk after option and set it to Never.
- Launch SeaTools on your Windows computer.
- Select your Seagate drive and click on the Test button.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to check and fix the drive errors.
- There is a default hard drive error checking tool for Windows and Mac. The below section explains how to check errors on your Backup Plus 6TB Desktop Disk Error Checking using the computer’s default tool.
B – For Windows
- The default hard drive error checking program available for Windows is called Check Disk.
- Launch the CMD application on your computer with admin rights.
- In the CMD window, type the chkdsk X:/f command and run it. (Note: In this command, “X” is the drive letter).
C – For Mac
- Like Windows, for the Mac OS, there is a default hard drive error checking tool called First Aid.
- Initially, back up your important data from the drive.
- Next, confirm that your Seagate drive is displayed in the Disk Utility window.
- Now, open the Drive window and select your drive.
- Click on the Partition tab followed by First Aid.
- Perform the Repair Process by following the on-screen instructions.
To know more about how to check your Backup Plus 6TB Desktop Disk Error Checking , contact us.