- Seagate Support »
- Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Disk Error Checking
Backup Plus 12TB Desktop Disk Error Checking
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Ensure that your Seagate hard drive is free from errors. It will help to protect against the loss of several data that is stored inside. The Seagate Backup Plus 12TB Desktop hard drive is one of the compact hard drives to be produced. You get to enjoy enormous storage space with plenty of photos, movies, and music to save. It is designed to work mainly on Windows operating systems without the need for additional software.If you are working with the Seagate Backup Plus 12TB desktop hard drive and want to perform disk error checking, you are in the right place. There are two methods that are described in this article to perform Disk Error Checking on the Seagate Backup Plus 12TB Desktop hard drive.Here are the two methods!
Method 1: With The Command Line Interface
- Ensure that your Seagate Backup Plus 12TB Desktop hard drive is connected to the computer.
- Click the search bar on the desktop screen and type cmd; press Enter.
- Perform a right-click on the command prompt search result and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Type chkdsk [drive letter]:/f in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter button.
- Wait for the command line to check for any errors on the Seagate hard drive.
This is one way to check for Disk Error on your Seagate Backup Plus 12TB Desktop hard drive.
Method 2: With Disk Management
- On your desktop screen, locate and do a right-click on the This PC icon.
- When a pop-down list appears, click the Manage option.
- From the left side, select the Disk Management option.
- Perform a right-click on the disk partition.
- Choose Properties and click the Tools tab.
- Click on the Check button in the Error-checking section.
With the help of the two methods, you can easily check for errors for the Seagate Backup Plus 12TB Desktop hard drive. Click the CALL button for assistance regarding this topic.