How to Use Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB External Hard drive with Windows Run Time (RT)
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB
- Windows 7 or Vista requests drivers
- Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB external hard drive not detected
- connect your Backup Plus Fast 4TB to a USB port.
- How to use Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB External Drive
- How to find out the backup files on your seagate Backupplus Fast 4TB Hard Drive
- The drive is busy or in use.
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking
Microsoft’s Surface tablet provides a USB port for the users to connect the external hard drive for additional data storage. Before we look into the procedure on how to Use Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB External Hard drive with Windows RT, we advise you to keep a note of the points below.
- Windows RT does not support the Seagate Dashboard which is an inbuilt software in the drive, as Windows RT does not run standard Windows applications.
- If you try to run the software it displays an error message that This app can’t run on your PC.
- Ensure that you format the drive in NTFS as Windows RT does not support the Seagate’s NTFS driver installation.
- Steps to Use Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB External Hard drive in Windows RT.
- Step 1: Use the drag and drop option to move your data to the Backup Plus Fast 4TB external hard drive on Windows.
- Step 2: To transfer various versions of data files to your external hard drive, Windows RT provides an inbuilt software called Windows File History. It is supported by Windows 8 OS too.
Use the drag and drop option to move your data to the Backup Plus Fast 4TB drive on Windows.
Steps to Drag & drop on Windows
- Go to my computer and double-click on it to open a window.Maximize the window screen if you are unable to view the window fully
- If you require a resize move your cursor to a corner of the window and drag it till the end of the screen. Click and hold the mouse cursor to drag it to the end or as per your convenience.
- On My Computer, look for the Seagate, Maxtor or Samsung external drive. The drive appears in a letter format like E: or F: (unless you modify it).
- Go to My Documents and double-click on it to open.Resize the window so that all the content on it is visible completely.
- Your computer screen now contains two windows, one is the source to copy and the another one is the destination folder to paste the data.
- Click and hold down the mouse button on the folder or document you wish to move. It will light up or highlight and a ghost image will move along with your mouse button.
- Drag the mouse nearer to the external hard drive visible on your computer window (V: for example), so that the ghost image floats over the drive icon.
- Leave the mouse placing the cursor onto the seagate Fast 4TB external hard drive. Now your data should be available on the External hard drive.
- To open the external hard drive letter, double-click on it. It is always advisable to right-click on the drive and choose Explore to avoid AutoPlay when you double-click on the drive to open it.
- The data inside the external drive Backup Plus Fast 4TB Portable appears as below on a window.This completes the drag and drop option.
Steps to Copy and Paste the data to your external hard drive:
- Select a window from where the files need to be copied (for example from the folder on your Portable, or My Documents, etc.).
- Choose the file that has to be copied and right-click on it.
- From the menu that appears, choose the option Copy.
- The computer’s short term memory will hold the copied files.
- Go to My Computer and double-click on it to open.
- Observe the visibility of the Seagate, Maxtor or Samsung External drive in My Computer.
- The external hard drive is displayed in the form of letter viz. E: or F:
- The name of the drive may vary if you have changed it earlier.
- Double-click on the seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB drive access it.
- The drive window will display the contents in it.
- Choose Edit from the menu bar. You can even right-click on the blank space of that window and a drop-down menu will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the option Paste.
- The file that has been copied will display on the destination folder indicating that it has completed the Paste option.This is called as Copy and Paste option.
Steps to Drag & drop on your Mac computer:
- Ensure that your external hard drive is formatted or the required driver has been installed on your computer. Usually, the Mac contains pre-formatted drives with for Mac suffix along with the driver’s name that is functional.
- External hard drives such as Backup Plus Portable, Free Agent GoFlex Portable come with a small pre-loaded driver that has to be installed for proper usage on your Mac Computer.
- We recommend you to find out the Macinstaller.dmg file on your Mac computer and install it for the drives specified above.
- You should be able to locate the seagate external hard drive on your Mac computer once it is ready to Use Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB External Hard drive.
- After locating the drive, go the Finder window and open it.
- Navigate throughout the window to fetch the data you wish to drag and drop.
- If the Finder window covers the drive’s icon that you wish to drag, then move the window with your mouse cursor that enables you to view both the Finder window and the drive icon you wish to move.
- Traverse to the folder on the external hard drive that you wish to move the dragged content.
- If you are trying to copy only a few documents, then we suggest you look for the Favorites in the Finder window, and then the Documents.
- Place the left cursor of your mouse on the file or folder you wish to move and bring it near to the Seagate External hard drive letter on your Mac computer.
- Leave the mouse button on the drive letter so that the files or folders are copied completely either on the drive or a specific folder in the drive.This completes the Drag & Drop option.
Steps to Copy & Paste on your Mac computer:
- Confirm if you are using a formatted Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB Portable external hard drive or the required driver has been installed on your Mac computer.
- Usually, the Mac will have a pre-formatted drive having For Mac suffix in the driver’s name that allows you to use both on PC and Mac.
- We recommend you to search the Macinstaller.dmg file on the external hard drive and install it on your Mac Computer to Use Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB External Hard drive. This enables you to transfer the data properly.
- Ensure that your drive is located on your computer Portable.
- Navigate to the Finder window once your drive is visible.
- Go to the required files or folders that you wish to copy.
- Use your mouse cursor to move the Finder window if it opens on the top making the drive letter invisible.
- Right-click on the file or folder on the Finder window that you wish to copy and click on the Copy option.
- Right-click to explore the Seagate external hard drive and click the Paste option from the menu, if you wish to transfer the data into a folder on the drive.
- If not highlight the Seagate External hard drive Portable Backup Plus Fast 4TB and right-click on it.
- Choose the Paste option and this will complete the Copy & Paste process.
- The above methods are useful to move your data from your Mac computer to the external hard drive manually when the backup software programs do not work.
To transfer various versions of data files to your external hard drive, Windows RT provides an inbuilt software called Windows File History. It is supported by Windows 8 OS too.
Follow the steps below to know how to use this software for to Use Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB External Hard drive:
- Plugin your Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB External Hard drive to the USB port.(Skip the steps b and c if you have a keyboard).
- On your tablet, click on Start menu on your main screen.
- Open the charms menu by sliding from right to the left.
- Tap on Search.
- Type History on the Search Box.
- Tap the Settings option.
- Then tap the File History.
- On the left side of the File History window, tap the Select Drive option.
- Select the external hard drive through name or letter and tap the OK button.
- To complete the data backup, tap Run now.
If you wish to choose any additional backups, you can come back to the Run now screen and touch Run now for the same.
The question mark symbol on the top right corner of the File History window may help you for additional queries if any.
If you do not have time to go through our document or if you are unable to follow the above steps, we request you to contact our Seagate service team on our toll-free number.
Our technical experts are here only to guide you and help you with to Use Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB External Hard drive and Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB troubleshoot. Avail multiple solutions for your external hard drive issue and enhance your knowledge in predicting the issue and solution at your own.