If Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB External Missing S Driver
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 8TB
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 8TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 8TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 8TB
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 8TB Desktop Drive
- Eject Backup Plus 8TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 8TB
First know about the S drive before troubleshoot the Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop External Missing s driver error.s drive is a Seagate application that is compatible with Windows, Macintosh, iOS and Android.This is available for the latest version of External Operating system. Ensure that your Seagate External device is compatible with the latest External OS version by following the below procedure.
Create an S drive account:
It’s free creating an S drive account and avail access to your compatible External OS devices.
- The S drive will be launched once the installation process is completed.
- If you have an existing username and password, login with the credentials, else choose to sign up to create a new account.
- Please note that the S drive launches automatically every time you start or restart your computer. If you wish to access your Seagate account, enter your credentials, else close the window.
- Once you launch S drive, it takes on two actions, which are Owner and Users & Owner.
- The first role Owner and Users allow you to access information at the file level by enabling your Desktop folder. This will let you access all your files on any computer that has an active internet connection.
- The second role Owner is just an application that manages your Desktop folder.
- If you forget your password, you can easily reset it by clicking the Can’t access your account link, through which it can be reset with a link sent to your e-mail address provided by you at the time of S drive account creation.
Download And Install S Drive
- Go to our website seagate.com support to download the S drive for your computer.
- Click on Download button to download the S drive for your Mac if Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop External Missing s driver.
- Go to downloads folder on your Mac computer and double-click the S drive installer file to open it.
- Run the S drive installer file to complete the installation.
- Turn off and turn on your computer if prompted for a restart.
S Drive Volume
Once you complete the login process and successfully logged in, you can view the S drive volume in the following locations:
- On your Mac computer, go to the explorer window and then move to the Network location.
- Find the Mac Desktop view appearing as below.
- The S drive volume provides the users a quick access to view or edits their file folders on the Desktop. It is possible for the users to view their personal folders as a Public folder.
The purpose of S drive volume is that the users who have Seagate Access accounts with multiple Desktop folders can access them in one place.
Troubleshooting Steps For Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop External Missing s driver Volume
If the S drive volume is not found on your desktop though after successfully logging in with your Seagate Access account, then the reason might be a setting change.
- Go to the Finder option followed by Preferences on your Mac computer.
- Ensure that the checkmark next to the Connected Servers is enabled.
S Drive Application
The image provided below shows you the S drive application icon in order to access its features.The place of the application may vary based on the operating system.
For Mac choose the menu bar.
For Windows go to System tray and click on Hidden icons (visible if you click the up arrow in the system tray). The below instructions will navigate on how to move the S drive application icon to the system tray for easy and quick access if Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop External Missing s driver.
- From the system, tray clicks on Hidden icons (the up arrow as shown in the below image marked by an arrow mark).
- Choose Customize to set your own S drive settings.
- It opens the Notification Area Icons through your computer’s control panel. Now select the Show icon and notifications from the drop-down menu that is next to the S drive.exe file provided as per the below image.
- Click on OK after the Show icon and notifications option is selected.
- Now S drive is visible in the system tray. To manage your Desktop folders or access your files in the folders right-click on it and continue.
Accessing the S drive application varies from Windows to Mac. For example, users who use Windows as their operating system should do a right-click on the S drive application icon to access its features. Whereas Mac always uses a left-click to access the S drive application.
In Windows when you do a left-click launches the S drive volume in an Explorer window.
S drive features and how to access it through your S drive application:
With the S drive features, owners and users can implement the following actions:
- Accept a Desktop Invitation.
- Changing the Seagate Access Password/ the Desktop.
- Be able to manage the Desktop (An Owner).
Accepting A Desktop Invitation:
Desktop is not limited to a specific circle. It lets you invite friends and family who live in and nearby your home to join the Desktop.
You can invite through sending an e-mail that contains the instructions on how to confirm the invitation. The instructions provided below will take you through accepting the e-mail invitation.
Note: If you do not find the e-mail in your inbox, check your spam folder.
The format of invitation sent to a user who has an existing Seagate Access Account:
- From your computer’s system tray click S drive for Windows and menu bar for Mac to fix Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop External Missing s driver.
- Select Add device. If the Add device window is not visible, search it behind the open applications or windows.
- When you select Add device, the window should display the pending list. By clicking Add device to add the Desktop or Do not add Device to reject the invitation
Note: If you have sent an invitation to a user who does not have a Seagate Access Account, then the user has to create an account and then accept the invitation using the code sent in the e-mail.
Follow the below steps to install the S drive using the invitation e-mail:
- Go to the invitation e-mail and follow the instructions provided to download and install the S drive.
- After installation, restart your computer when prompted and the S drive sign in window opens automatically.
- Select the option Create a new Seagate Access Account.
- Fill in all the mandatory fields that are notified with a * mark and click Select Create account.
- An e-mail will be sent to the address you entered while filling up the details for account creation.
- The verification window opens and takes you to the S drive login page.
- Confirm if you have received the confirmation code and copy & paste it in the relevant field.
- If you do not find the e-mail in your inbox, check your spam folder.
- Click on Verify to create your Seagate Access Account.
- Login into your S drive account by entering the username and password on the login page.
- S drive will be available in Windows and Mac when you choose S drive option and select Add device.
- To go to the Add device option in Windows click on the hidden icon (the up arrow in the system tray).
- Right-click on the S drive to select Add device when Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop External Missing s driver. And refer our user manual to check how to move S drive to the system tray for easy access.
- In Mac left-click the S drive to select Add device
- Note: Sometimes the Add device window is located behind any open applications or the windows if it is not found as per the above step
- Copy the code provided in the e-mail invitation to the relevant field in the Add device window.
- select the Add device option as shown in the above image.
If the invitation has been sent to an incorrect e-mail address provided if you have multiple e-mail accounts. Follow the instructions below if you receive a Desktop invitation to an e-mail account that is not linked to the Seagate access
- Click on S drive to select Add device option.
- To add device on Windows, choose Add device by right-clicking the S drive.
- For Mac use the menu bar by left-clicking S drive to select Add device.
- From the Desktop Invitation e-mail, copy the provided code to the relevant field.
- Again select Add device.
Steps To Change Your Seagate Access Password:
Changing the Seagate Access password is possible through S drive. This password does not affect your External OS, also known as the web board at the time of signing into External OS.
- Click the S drive and choose Change password
- For Windows: Go to the hidden icons (the up arrow in the system tray that is visible on the lower right corner of your computer) to access S drive.
- Right-click on S drive to select Add device for Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop External Missing s driver.
- For Mac: Use your mouse and left-click S drive to choose Add device through the menu bar.
- Fill in the required or mandatory fields that are represented by an * symbol.
- Select Change password.
Managing The Desktop (Owner)
S drive in other words known as web board is utilized to access your Desktop management tool.
- Click S drive and then select Change password.
- If you are using Windows OS, right-click to choose Add device from the S drive.
- Select your Desktop and select Manage device or Users.
- Manage device: On the Desktop overview page, you can view your default browser opened.
- Users: The default browser opens to the Desktop Users page to fix seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop External Missing s driver issue.